Thursday, April 6, 2017

Your Questions Answered

Okay, a Blogger I follow posted his answers to these question, so I am too. It makes for a quick and easy post. Gee, does this answer the first question, Are you lazy?


1. Are you lazy?
I wasn't once upon a time. If I am fully engaged with something, no, but more and more I am becoming lethargic and procrastinating.

2. What do you eat for breakfast?
I wasn't a breakfast person most of my life. Now I kind of eat at breakfast time (generally 9:00 AM), but I don't usually eat a lunch anymore. My breakfasts can be almost anything that strikes my fancy, sometimes popcorn or soft pretzels, often cereal and if I am not being too lethargic, I might make some bacon sandwiches.

3. Coffee or tea?
Hot Coffee - Iced Tea. Drink much of both.

4. What was your very first job?
My first job where someone hired me after an interview was as a paperboy, delivering the Philadelphia Bulletin. I was 13-14 and it paid good money for a boy that age in those times. I loved the job. Before that I did a lot of pickup jobs, like lawn mowing, car washing, running errands, etc.

5. Occupation you wanted to be when you were a kid?
An explorer, then a scientist (specifically an entomologist) or a mailman. I thought being a mailman was the greatest job in the world, walk around all day and chat with people as you went.

6. What is the most unusual job you ever had?
Probably as a wad slinger and then as a bubblegum welder at Philadelphia Gum Company.

7. Have you ever been fired from a job?
I was unfired from Mercy Catholic Medical Center; I mean, I called it being fired; they wouldn't call it that. I was dechaired by a Nun.

8. Describe yourself in three words.
Quiet, obsessive, imaginative.

9. What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?
I ate a cigarette once, but it wasn't lit. 

10. What is your favorite movie quote?
Right now I think of the Russian spy's answer when asked if he was worried in "Bridge of Spies": "Would it help?" 

11. What is your least favorite movie?
Oh, so many to choose from! Maybe "Follow that Bird!" or "Jerry Springer's Ringmaster".

12. Were you ever a Boy/Girl Scout?
Yes. I was even a Patrol Leader. I loved camping then.

13. Describe the perfect kiss in three words.
Sincere.

14. The last person you kissed.
My wife (I know, boring answer, but true).


15. If you were gay, who would you want to have a passionate affair with?
I am not Gay and honestly can't think of any male I would want to have an affair with.

16. Are you an innie or an outie?
Innie.

17. Introvert or extrovert?
An introvert's introvert.

18. Would you ever pose nude in a magazine?
Sure, why not put a magazine out of business.

19. What have you forgotten?
More than I can remember.

20. What color is your underwear?
Flesh, I'm not wearing any. 

21. Have you ever tried to cut your own hair?
I've been cutting my own hair for decades. I never liked going to barbers.

22. Do you think you are selfish?
I think I am sort of selfish, but not greedy. I don't have much and I am sacrificial for the benefit of others. But I am selfish about my time and what I do with it.

23. What are you afraid of? 
Ending up in a nursing home.   

24. Do you think people are basically good or bad?
I believe mankind is basically depraved, even though most I meet come across as decent.

25. Do you believe everyone deserves forgiveness?
Yes, if they truly repent.

26. Are you self-critical?
Yes. I have never thought anything I have done was all that great and always want to improve it. 

27. What is the meanest thing anyone has ever said to you?
Wow, I don't know. I've had a lot of mean things said to me. 

28. What's the meanest thing you've ever said?
Probably turning a girl down for a dance because she was considered ugly and I feared being made fun of. I was cowardly and it must have hurt her very badly.  

29. Do you believe in a higher power?
Absolutely. I have had too many miracles in my life not to and my belief is in Christ as my savior and the only savior. 

30. What's your idea of heaven? 
I can't imagine, but I know it isn't sitting about on a cloud playing a harp. I hope it is a place where you get a lot of answers.

31. What's your idea of hell?
Despite the usual image of fire, I think it will be a cold, dark, lonely place. Satan doesn't rule it, he is a prisoner there. People who joke about being with friends won't be able to find there friends. But the absolute worse think about Hell is there will be no hope.

32. What makes you nostalgic?
Little things often make me nostalgic, a whiff of perfume, a country field. 

33. What is your biggest regret?
I didn't take a friends advice and live on my talent. 

34. How many times in a day do you look in a mirror?
When I brush my teeth I may glimpse myself. I don't avoid mirrors; I just don't seek them out. Anyway, I take a lot of selfies.

35. What time of day do you feel most energetic?
Very early in the day. I'm sorry, people, but I am an unrepentant morning person.

36. Would you ever sky dive or bungee jump?
No, I haven't completely lost my mind yet. I hate heights.

37. Would you rather be rich and unhappy or poor and happy?
If one is truly happy it doesn't matter. 

38. What did your father teach you?
Generally not to ask him to teach me anything. 

39. What did your mother teach you?
Independence. Actually, so did my father. They did it by me knowing I couldn't depend on them.

40. The most agonizing hour of your life?
The day we lost our first child.  
   
                       

2 comments:

  1. Upon reflection I would have put a different answer to "Favorite Movie Quote". This one is more what I might say. "You are a kind man talking to a stubborn man." This was spoken by Alvin Straight to a stranger that offered him help, from "The Straight Story", starring the late Richard Farnsworth and directed by David Lynch. It's a beautiful film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lar,
    Very interesting answers. Having known you for all these years I would have to agree with most of your answers. One answer is absolutely true, I absolutely believe you have never said a mean word to anyone. The answer I disagree with is that I think you have a secret desire to bungee jump. Do it!
    Ron

    ReplyDelete